Helping Clients Who Have Been Injured In Serious Car Accidents
The health and financial impacts of car accidents are far-reaching and often extend to the families of accident victims as well. Although most drivers make efforts to protect others while on the road, they do not always get the same care and consideration from other motorists. In fact, the vast majority of collisions are a result of other drivers’ negligence.
Despite the best efforts of lawmakers to protect motorists across our state, car accident statistics often show an increase in serious collisions. Thousands of people throughout Michigan are left with broken bones, brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries, and even paralyzed from collisions.
We at Vahdat Weisman Law believe that you should not have to suffer as a result of another driver’s actions. Our Livonia-based personal injury attorneys provide trusted legal representation to help victims hold the responsible parties accountable.
Common Types Of Auto Accidents In Michigan
Although no one expects to get into a car accident, we are no strangers to it in Michigan. Car accidents can happen for many reasons, and they can impact various parts of your vehicle. To determine the type of accident you were injured in, it is important to review the point of impact. Some of the types of collisions we handle include:
- Single-vehicle accidents: Accidents involving only one vehicle account for a large number of fatal collisions each year in Michigan. Whether a vehicle crashes into a person or a fixed object, or rolls over, it can have a life-altering impact on victims. Many single-vehicle accidents occur as a result of defective parts, inadequate maintenance or improper repairs.
- Chain reaction collisions: Chain reaction crashes involve three or more vehicles. In many cases, these accidents occur when one or more vehicles come to a rest, whether for construction, an obstruction in the road, or a traffic control device, and someone crashes into their rear end, pushing their vehicle into the one ahead.
- Sideswipe accidents: Sideswipe accidents happen when vehicles change lanes without looking and crash into vehicles traveling next to them in a side-to-side manner. In addition to switching lanes intentionally, sideswipe accidents can occur when drivers swerve or drift into vehicles driving next to them. These accidents can result in rollovers, especially if drivers take evasive actions to avoid collisions.
- T-bone collisions: T-bone accidents are one of the leading causes of injuries at intersections in the state. These accidents occur when the side of one vehicle is crashed into by the front end of a second vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions: Following too closely and failing to pay attention to the road ahead can result in a rear-end collision when the front end of one car crashes into the rear end of another car.
- Head-on crashes: These accidents occur when two vehicles collide in a front-end to front-end manner. Front-end, or head-on, collisions are the leading cause of fatal accidents in the United States each year.
Our lawyers take great pride in representing victims who were harmed in accidents throughout Michigan. We know how hard it is for accident victims to get back on their feet after being involved in an auto accident. We also understand how important it is for victims like you to get the justice and compensation needed to move forward.
Seeking The Maximum Recovery For Your Claim
Our firm strives to obtain compensation through personal injury lawsuits against those at fault. We are dedicated to helping victims collect full and fair compensation for various damages, including:
- Medical expenses related to surgery, doctor appointments and hospitalization
- Long-term care costs for therapy, rehabilitation, medication and medical devices
- Lost wages from missing work to recover
- Lost earnings from being forced out of work indefinitely
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium