The Importance Of Safety Precautions For Truck Drivers
Commercial trucks can be some of the deadliest vehicles on the road. Vehicles that weigh thousands of pounds and travel more than 60 miles per hour have the potential to leave a victim with catastrophic injuries or worse. Seeking compensation after these accidents means standing up to trucking companies, their insurance and their legal teams. Thankfully, you do not have to do it alone.
At Vahdat Weisman Law, our Michigan team helps clients earn the compensation they deserve from personal injuries. We know the importance of securing fair compensation, and we fight to ensure that you receive what you need to cover the costs of your injuries and other expenses.
How We Fight For You
Part of holding truck drivers accountable is proving that they were driving recklessly. After an accident, we look at the factors that led to your injuries for support in filing your claim. Common ways that someone was driving recklessly include:
- Speeding – Whether a driver was running behind on their delivery schedule or looking to get ahead of it to take a longer break, there is no excuse for endangering others.
- Cell phone use – Truck drivers are operating a vehicle that can crush cars around them, and they cannot afford to distract themselves with their cell phones.
- Intoxicated driving – Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is undoubtedly dangerous, but so can driving while affected by pills that keep you awake for a long time.
- Poor maintenance – If a driver is not maintaining their brake lines, brake pads, mirrors and other components of a vehicle, it can spell disaster for those around them.
- Exhaustion – When a driver spends too much time behind the wheel at once, they can lose their ability to react to dangers on the road properly.
No matter what the cause of your accident, we take the time to pursue the compensation you deserve. We look to get a fair estimate for factors like current and future medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, loss of life enjoyment, and anything else you may have experienced as a result of your accident.
Get The Help You Need
Trucking companies are ready to fight hard to minimize the compensation you receive, and may even try to keep from paying you anything for their accident. If you are ready to meet with a team you can trust to fight for you, contact us today. Call 313-924-4010 or email us here to schedule your initial consultation at our office in Livonia to begin building a strategy that you can count on.